Host a Screening... AT A NEARBY THEATER
Host a screening - AN OUTREACH OPPORTUNITY
Hosting a screening is a great way for your congregation to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the Reformation—simultaneously edifying your members and creating a memorable impression in the broader community.
A movie screening is the perfect outreach opportunity—a chance to invite friends and neighbors to a fun event that also communicates Luther's message.
Your guests (and members!) will learn about the ideas that sparked the Reformation, embedded in a fast-paced film that's packed with political intrigue, surprise kidnappings, secret hideouts, and life-or-death showdowns.
All the logistics are handled by a company called Tugg; they work with the theater to lock in your screening time and ensure the movie ready to play on your chosen date. All you need to do is pick a date and time... and then tell your congregation about this great opportunity to reconnect with Luther's story. Tugg is a proven web platform that enables churches, groups, and organizations to set up these individual screenings in theaters and church venues in communities like yours.
As the "host" of a screening, you can have your pastor (or anyone you choose) say a few words at the beginning to welcome guests, and even do a Q&A at the end if you like.
Because a percentage of the ticket price comes back to you (as the screening's host) you can designate those funds to any special mission or ministry you choose.
Your screening can take place at a local movie theater, OR via your church video system. We encourage churches to use the movie theater option, to better engage the community, and create a memorable "event."
Host a screening IN A LOCAL THEATER
Screenings of A Return to Grace, Luther's Life and Legacy are initiated by churches and/or groups (like your congregation). It's easy to set up a screening at your local theater. On the right, are the basics. Tugg's tools will guide you through the process of hosting a screening and getting the most out of your event! The process is simple:
1) Pick a theater/date/time for your screening. This is done with the Event Request Form. Indicate if you’d like to incorporate special features like an introduction by your pastor, or a post-film discussion.
2) Tugg will handle the logistics. Once the theater approves the request, you can begin selling tickets on your a personalized Event Page for your screening.
3) Encourage your members and friends to attend the special event. Tugg's tools will help you with the nuts and bolts.
4) When the threshold of advance tickets is reached, the screening is confirmed. (If the threshold is not met by the deadline, the event will be called off and no one will be charged for their tickets.)
5) Enjoy your night at the movie theater with Martin Luther!